books

books

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Always...

April believes that she and Simon are meant to be. She pursues him at great length even though she is a teenager and he is in his 30s. Their families are connected not only now, but also for always. The reader learns that the characters we are reading about have been through life with each other many times before and that they have bonds which are thousands of years old.

When I first started reading Always by DM Yates I had some difficulty with the fact that April was a teenager and Simon was in his 30s and they had this connection. Simon did not do the pursuing, that was all April. It made it easier that they decided to wait to do anything until April became of legal age. Even then they took things slowly. I felt like I knew the characters Simon, Dixon, April, Jesse, and all the other family members very well. The author did a great job developing each character with their own personality traits and intertwining their stories. Always has parts that made me laugh and parts that made me sad. I like that it made me think, especially about the people that are in our lives and if they have been in our lives in the past. It seems that the people in this book use phrases and expressions with people that they also used with the same people in past lives, which I thought was very interesting. It was definitely a story that was different from other books I have read. I enjoyed the story and the fact that it made me think.  This is the first in a series and I look forward to reading the rest of the series. 

If you'd like to connect with DM Yates:

To buy Always on Amazon  $11.95 in Print and $2.99 on Kindle


Has anyone else read Always? Or have you read another book by DM Yates? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts. 


4 comments:

  1. Definitely intrigued by the fact they have past lives repeating... I'd like to know more about that, whether they learn from past mistakes, or it's a clean slate each time. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick- Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Your questions are definitely addressed in the book! :)

      Delete
  2. Reincarnation is a firm belief of a lot of people in India.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Munir- It is so interesting to think about all the different beliefs about what happens after we pass away. Always gives the reader a lot to think about. :)

      Delete